October 25-27, 2016 marks the return of the Leadership Academy on Ending Homelessness. This is the only event of its kind where leaders that believe in ending homelessness come together in a tranquil setting to engage, share and learn with other leaders in the field. Registration is now open!
Last year, 200 leaders from across the United States and Canada came together for the experience. We solicited feedback from attendees afterwards, and overwhelmingly the experience was awesome. With a few tweaks, the intensive 2.5 day program is back. If any of these are of interest to you, you should be there:
- Do you ever wonder why your approach to leadership is not universally accepted, can clash with other leaders, and/or results in people resisting change altogether?
- Do you know, in great detail, why you do this work? Or do you spend more time telling people what you do and how you do it?
- What is your personal value proposition?
- Have you crafted a compelling narrative – and owned the story? Do you know how to use storytelling to build a coalition?
- When you get stumped, do you know how to stimulate creative thinking?
- Has your work been framed in a manner that allows others to see the benefits of outcomes and data orientation to the work?
- Are you sure you are investing in change and spending on impact?
This year we will be back at Stonewall Resort in West Virginia. Trust me, as a leader you need to be in environments that stimulate thought and tear away distraction. Through the beautiful fall scenery and serene surroundings, you will have time to contemplate and dream.
This year we are only allowing 150 attendees, not the 200 like last year. Getting smaller is important to us. You will be seated with other leaders. The Academy Master will intentionally seat you by themes with people that he believes you have reciprocal value to being seated together.